Episode 40: Amy Lewis Protecting 50% of The Planet by 2030
Amy Lewis is Vice President of Policy & Communications for Wild Foundation and works closely with the organization Nature Needs Half. Amy has spent the last 15 years researching the building blocks of collective action. She has brought this knowledge to bear in her own work as an award-winning nonprofit leader and as a scholar of environmental policy.
Her research explores the relationship between democratic decision-making and policies that benefit the environment. She delights in uncovering the deep forces that determine a society’s political and ecological future. Amy employs her knowledge and skills at the WILD Foundation, aligning her personal goals with WILD’s mission to activate an international ethic of care for wildlife and wild places.
- What is the “Half Earth” movement about?
- How do we educate and mobilize an entire planet full of humans to care and then do something toward protecting 50%?
- The importance of the BRICS countries
- The art and science of good PR, messaging, and organizing
- Similarities between Kennedy’s moon shot and protecting 50% of the planet’s land and water habitats for biodiversity
- How the solution to the climate crisis and Earth’s 6th mass extinction is to protect and restore half the planet’s wildlands and waterways.
The Rewilding Institute (TRI) mission is to explore and share tactics and strategies to advance continental-scale conservation and restoration in North America and beyond. We focus on the need for large carnivores and protected wildways for their movement; and we offer a bold, scientifically credible, practically achievable, and hopeful vision for the future of wild Nature and human civilization on planet Earth. |Subscribe | Join The Movement |