Lobos of the Southwest Seeks Assistant Coordinator
Lobos of the Southwest is a collaborative effort of conservation organizations, scientists, and concerned citizens working together to save the endangered Mexican gray wolf. Learn more about us here.
The Lobos of the Southwest Assistant Coordinator will work under the guidance and direction of the Steering Committee and in collaboration with the Coordinator.
The Assistant Coordinator will carry out activities to advance the goals and objectives of Lobos of the Southwest, including, but not limited to:
Digital Communication (50%)
- Manage social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram,
Twitter, TikTok, and other relevant platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in social media platforms.
- Research, draft, and schedule/post engaging social media content, ensuring that new
posts are added two to three times per day.
- Respond to inquiries via social media accounts as needed.
- Moderate comments on social media posts as needed.
- Assist the Coordinator in researching, drafting, and posting website content on
mexicanwolves.org as needed.
- Assist the Coordinator in crafting and distributing a newsletter twice per month.
Outreach and Education (20%)
- Lead an annual Pup Naming Contest, including outreach to schools and teachers,
compilation and organization of entries, coordination of judging, response to contest participants, and posts of contest-related materials on mexicanwolves.org and pupnamingcontest.org.
- Assist with outreach presentations as needed.
Fiscal and Fundraising (10%)
- Assist the Coordinator with fundraisers as needed, including merchandise sales and
Community Organizing and Advocacy (10%)
- Assist the Coordinator with planning and logistics for special events, trainings, public
hearings, press conferences, rallies, etc.
- Assist with internal meeting facilitation and notes as needed.
- Assist with other projects as needed, in consultation with the Coordinator and/or Steering Committee.
- Provide regular reports to the Coordinator and Steering Committee.
The position is an independent contractor position at a rate of $24.00 per hour for a maximum of 24 hours per week, not to exceed $29,952.00 over the 12-month term of the contract. Travel is covered at the federal travel reimbursement rate of $0.56 per mile.
Some travel is periodically required, but the majority of work will take place remotely. The contractor is responsible for maintaining a home office, including necessary office equipment and services such as a computer, phone service, and internet connection. Weekend and evening hours may sometimes be required.
- At least one year of work experience in a social media coordinator or similar role
managing social media. Experience working with a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field is preferred. A
combination of work experience and training may be considered.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms.
- Familiarity with online marketing.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively to maximize the
effectiveness of Lobos of the Southwest digital communication.
- Working knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent.
- Experience with WordPress is beneficial.
- Experience with graphic design and photo and video editing software is beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English fluency at a professional
- Fluency in Spanish is beneficial.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team in a dynamic field.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience giving educational presentations is beneficial.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Erin Hunt, Lobos of the Southwest Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Lobos of the Southwest is a collaborative effort of conservation organizations, scientists, and concerned citizens working together to save the endangered Mexican gray wolf. Learn more about us at mexicanwolves.org.